Gravel and Sand for Construction Projects
Contractors and homeowners have relied on J.R. Tharpe Trucking Company, Inc. to supply them with driveway gravel, brown and white masonry sand for construction and concrete. We provide reliable service, and have both dump trucks and dump trailers to meet your needs.
We offer both large and small quantities of all types of sand, including sand for playgrounds and horse arenas. We provide gravel for driveways and lanes, and spreading services. We also offer all types of concrete for your construction project.
Our Products Available for Pick-up and Delivery
Stone and Gravel Products
- Brown C-5 Stone - size ranges from 1" to 3"
- Brown #57 Stone - this is the size of a quarter
- White #57 Stone - this is the size of a quarter
- Brown #68 Pea Gravel - this gravel is the size of a pea
- #57 Gravel - this is the size of a quarter
- Crusher Run
- Rock Dust
- Concrete Sand - Used in concrete mixture and is more course than masonry sand.
- Masonry Sand - A fine sand that is used for brick laying and landscape pavers.
- River Sand - For use in children's sandboxes, mortar sand and roadway treatment.
- Kyanite Sand - This sand works well for use in white mortar mix, under swimming pools, and in golf courses. Because Kyanite Sand is sticky, we do not recommend it for children's playground sand (River Sand works well for playgrounds.)
- Natural Sand - for use in horse arenas.
Helpful Tips About our Sand and Gravel
Driveway Gravel Tips
#57 gravel is the size of a quarter and pea gravel is the size of a pea. C-5 Stone ranges from 1" to 3" in size
There is 5,280 feet in a mile
Sand: To decide on the best sand for your application, see the information under our Sand Products.
Scoop Sizes Available for Pick-up
Scoop Sizes: We have 2 different size scoops for picked up
- Kubota Scoop = 1/2 Ton
- Komatsu Scoop= 4 Tons
Trust us to provide you with reliable, timely service during your construction. Please contact us today for more information.